Our lives are definitely different, but life is still happening. I don’t want to jump the gun here or speak a little too soon as things can change within a millisecond, but I’ve been feeling a little better lately. Maybe I’m beginning to get used to the slow rhythm of quarantine life, or maybe my mood has just let me be less caught up in my feelings.
Oddly, I feel like I’m inhaling and exhaling a little less heavily since this has all began, and I really want to take that as a good sign. My honest feelings since lockdown have been up and down and all over the place. At the start of all of this, I felt afraid of possibly regretting wasting away my time and not having anything to show at the end. But I think I’ve found a happy medium – doing what I can and easing up on the self-pressure. I’m unsure how long this comfortable state of mind will last, and I’m uncertain how I’ll handle what comes my way next, but I want to indulge in the current.
Perhaps you need to relax and recover to feel better, or maybe you need to feel like you’ve accomplished a goal and rearranging your wardrobe. Choose happiness and make it your first priority of everyday. Do things in moderation, and remember, not everyday has to be a huge checklist. Here are 22 small things you can do for yourself today.
- Read a book you loved as a kid
- Learn a new word every day
- Create a “feel good” playlist with all of your fav songs
- Wash your linen (clean, fresh sheets = best sleep everrr)
- Watch a movie that you’ve always pretended to have seen
- Paint one of your old picture frames a new color
- Repot your plant babies
- Write a letter to an old friend
- Eat that piece of chocolate, or cookie… or brownie…
- Start and finish a coloring book page
- Take an early afternoon nap (you know, the one right after lunch)
- Take a look up at the clouds
- Donate to a cause or charity
- Text someone a compliment
- Relax in a bubble bath (with extra bubbles)
- Listen to a song you loved in middle school
- Cuddle up with your fur baby
- Drink an extra glass of water
- Re-watch your favorite TV series
- Wear a fancy outfit
- Experiment with different makeup looks
- Put together a bowl of fresh fruit
I would love to hear your thoughts! Leave me a comment down below or shoot me a DM over on INSTAGRAM!