As if we haven’t spent the past year getting acquainted with our bed and catching up on rest, I’m sure the last thing you want to do is sleep.
However we decided to look deeper into the importance of sleep, and ways you can get a good night sleep.
Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being throughout your life. Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety.
The way you feel while you’re awake depends in part on what happens while you’re sleeping. During sleep, your body is working to support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health. In children and teens, sleep also helps support growth and development.
The damage from sleep deficiency can occur in an instant, or it can harm you over time. For example, ongoing sleep deficiency can raise your risk for some chronic health problems. It also can affect how well you think, react, work, learn, and get along with others.
Scientific research makes clear that sleep is essential at any age. Sleep powers the mind, restores the body, and fortifies virtually every system in the body.
Here are a few tips to improve your sleep:
• Set a schedule – go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
• Exercise 20 to 30 minutes a day but no later than a few hours before going to bed.
• Avoid caffeine and nicotine late in the day and alcoholic drinks before bed.
• Relax before bed – try a warm bath, reading, or another relaxing routine.
• Create a room for sleep – avoid bright lights and loud sounds, keep the room at a comfortable temperature, and don’t watch TV or have a computer in your bedroom.
• Don’t lie in bed awake. If you can’t get to sleep, do something else, like reading or listening to music, until you feel tired.
• Keep a sleep diary – It may uncover lifestyle habits or daily activities that contribute to your sleeplessness. A sleep diary can also reveal underlying conditions that explain your insomnia, such as stress or medicine.
It’s necessary to apply healthy sleep tips so that you can actually get the full night’s sleep that’s recommended.
Enjoyed this Read? Catch up on previous posts… The New French Perfume Brand Any Fragrance Lover Should Try , It’s Time For Self-Care Girls! Because You Deserve It.