We usually associate smoothies with summer but with some amazing, nutrient-packed seasonal fruit it can be a healthy winter treat, too. Need some inspiration? Try Upperley’s Winter Smoothies.
The wake up smoothie
- 1 banana chopped into quarters
- 1 kiwifruit peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 orange peeled and segmented
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cm piece fresh turmeric peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt e.g. Greek
- 1 cup milk e.g. cow’s, almond, soy
- Handful of ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and drink up the goodness!
The Raspberry-Pomegranate Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups pomegranate juice (low sugar)
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
Mix ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.